1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Small Baur World---- Strikes Yet AGAIN!!

Thanks to our friend Marco P. in Germany for sending me this link today:  https://www.facebook.com/clasicosBMW/photos/pcb.481377421993843/481376948660557/?type=1&theater

The pics show a beautiful Kastienrot E21 Baur which looked familiar to me.







But the BMW Clasicos link, and the non-US plate made me think it, at first, that I might be mistaken.  Until I looked a little closer!

;)

Small Baur World Strikes Again!
I started checking through my files, and sure enough:  BINGO!  There it is!  This beautiful Baur is the one formerly owned by our friend Bruce H. in Atlanta, GA until recently.  He just sold it within  the last month or so.

Here it is from an old Baurspotting post (May 2012):  note the same front plate, although the wheels are different.
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/05/hotlanta-baurs-got-em-all.html

BMW Clasicos did not cite the source of the pics they posted in this case, and they did not post a pic of the Baur plate number, so it took us a few minutes to positively identify this Baur.  Had they done either of those two things, we would have known this car immediately. 

 No big deal, though.... we nailed it anyway!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment