1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Vintage at Saratoga I: Smashing Success!





  • Ok, folks.... initial report on the Vintage at Saratoga: A Smashing Success! We are still awaiting a final tally.... but it appears that we have set a NEW high standard for: 1) Total Baurs at a US Car Show ...and ....
    2) Total E21 Baurs at a US Car Show!
    Plus a great total turnout from the E21 Legion!

    We know that we had 6 E21 Baurs--- a phenomenal showing!--- and 1 E30 Baur... for total o...f 7 Baurs! Plus we also had three more E21s in our parking group! Huge thank you to the Vintage Event staff (thanks Frank!) for accomodating us in a parking area all to ourselves!

    The reason that this is just an 'initial' report ' is that we have a report that there was an additional Baur present that could not park with the group, and Baurspotting is hard on the case to track this down. If Fred X. from Binghamton NY is out there, please contact me. I was told you were there but we never made contact somehow. I attended the tech talk inside, and spent time wandering about the gound viewing other cars. I was not aware that you were there, and I am sorry that I missed you. If anyone has info on this, please post it! Thanks....more to come! Pics to come, other blogs filed video on us!

    Stay tuned!
    • Congrats to all who attended! Ed, Afonso, Lawrence, Tim, George, and Greg (Baurs) , as well as Dan, Steve H. and the third E21 whose name escapes me at the moment (Polaris 323i).

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome! Only wish I had taken more shots!
    Daniel "midlifebmw"

    ReplyDelete