1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

New E21 Baur From the UK

UPDATE!
Mark has posted his Baur plate, as he promised!  Thanks, Mark!

Plus.... more new pics!



Welcome to Mark Whitehurst from Leeds in the UK, who posted these pics today in Facebook:



This is a 320.  Mark states that he is 'new to the scene", and he is going to post the Baur number when he gets back to the car.  That is all we know for now, so we look forward to hearing and seeing more soon!  

Welcome to our Baur World, Mark!  

Our familiarity with Leeds is limited but..... we DO know this.... considered by many the greatest live rock album of all time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4xCQRUhqIE

Of course, I realize I may be dating myself here but... this is actually MY generation!  Plus, I have a personal connection to The Who, dating back to 1973 that involves The Watergate Hotel, The Who road crew, and some female companionship that I helped to arrange.....  one night in DC when I was driving cab.  Just call me The Matchmaker!   A GREAT story.  Someday I will share it.  Oh, and a totally unheard-of band at the time called....Lynyrd Skynyrd.  ;)

So stay tuned!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzK02LDkpIc

No comments:

Post a Comment