1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Baur Pics from BMW E21 Owners Club

I did a brief perusal of the photo gallery in the BMW E21 Owners Club in Facebook tonight.  Take a few minutes to check it out.   There is an amazing amount of great stuff in there, highly recommended.

I managed to glean a few interesting Baurs from those files, some that we know, and others that we haven't seen before.  Most of them, unfortunately, were not identified, so I am posting them here as I found them.

Enjoy!





Two Baurs!



We know this guy!  Baur #4210.  Hi Jesse N!  ;)

Baur Pickup truck!


Lumma convertible

A Beauty!  
(N.B.  Our friend, THEPOOLEMAN, says that this looks like Patrick B.'s E21 Baur.  He is probably correct.   I recognize the backdrop from another known pic that we have on file.  We have a pic of Dave T's 2002 Baur Targa taken at the same spot, with the same house in the background. It was probably taken the very same day! 

 Here is the pic of Dave's Baur Targa:
That pic appeared in a Hemmings Motor News blog post covering German Car Day at the Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline, MA.   Since Patrick is from MA, and has attended Larz Andereson in the past, that would seem to make it a slam dunk for THEPOOLEMAN!   Good eye, Hawkeye!)

UPDATE:  Here is a post about Patrick's car.... before we knew who owned it.  Same color, same wheels, same trunk lip.... and the pics were taken at Larz Anderson Museum!

Game, Set, Match! to THEPOOLEMAN!


Please let me know if you can identify any of the Baurs in this post, and I will add the info, credit to you!

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment