1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Alpina" Baur Spotted Again Today in MA

Thanks to Baurspotter Keith  from r3vlimited we have another pic of the Alpina-esque Baur from MA.  Keith had an interesting comment about seeing this Baur today, btw, so I thought I would share it with you:
"I had never seen it with the rear section folded, and he had the targa panel on. Now it all makes sense! I hate riding around in a convertible with the blazing sun beating down, but I enjoy the open air. That's what I love about a Wrangler with a bikini top. He definitely had the right idea on this hot, sunny Boston day."

Exactly!  That is the '4 cars in One" idea:  coupe, 'targa', landaulette, and cabriolet!  Change your Baur into whichever style the weather conditions indicate!

We know the owner is Patrick B., btw, and we are hoping to hear from him soon!

Here is the "Landaulette' style:  sit in shaded comfort, enjoying the breeze through the open rear top!

Here is the same car last Sunday at the BMW Day at the Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline MA:
Photo by bricas45 via THEPOOLEMAN

You GOTTA check out this thread containing a TON of pics from German Day at the Larz Anderson Museum.  the photographer, sislane, (whom I think I met up at the Vintage at Saratoga, but cant say for sure--- he took some great pics of the Saratoga show, including many of the Baurs!) took some GREAT pics of the event..... and he seems to have a particular appreciation for, or a fascination with, BAURS!!  Either way..... thank you sislane!  :)

Scroll thru the pics to see a bunch of pics of Dave T's beautiful green 2002 Targa Baur as well as about 6 nice pics of this Inka Baur above right near the end.  In the meantime enjoy all the other wonderful pics he took that day!  Kudos sislane!


Here is one of our previous posts on this car:

Now... here is where it gets interesting, folks.  Could it be this Baur?



That " alpina" baur was featured as the Car of the Month in Der Bayerische Magazine May June 2000.  That is the magazine of the National Capital Chapter, BMWCCA, which you may have noticed, has provided this blog with a wealth of great material as I sift through their archives.  

We have already checked out another "Alpina" Baur that we know of, owned by Amir out in Las Vegas, but his is NOT a 1980.   So..... is the MA Baur pictured above the same year as the one in the Der Bayerische article?

Is this yet ANOTHER Small Baur World moment?

:)

Stay tuned, folks!  

UPDATE:  I have been away on vacation, returning just tonight.  I checked my info from our Intrepid Baurspotter Ed (THEPOOLEMAN), who sent me info on this car back in June, after German Day at the Larz Anderson Museum:
"1981 euro 323i it is painted in Inka ( Malaga was the factory color"

Ok, so it is NOT the "Alpina" in the Der Bayerische pic either.    

Oh well.  Still an exciting find, however!









No comments:

Post a Comment