1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, November 18, 2013

TC2 Baur Australia For Sale


Another ad I just stumbled across tonight on the Gumtree site in Australia.  I can't tell if it is still active, but I assume that it is, since it is still posted.



1985 BMW 325i Baur Convertible Pink Slip 6mths PROJECT Parts

$2,000.00
Warren Road, Marrickville NSW 2204

Here is the text with the ad: 
Hi, 

Up for sale is my 1985 BMW 325i Baur Convertible Coupe. This is a rare car - BMW body and Baur Carriage Makers Convertible roof with lift-out Targa top and fold down back. 
It is an automatic and has the 2.5L straight 6 engine under the hood with Bosch LE-Jetronic fuel injection. Extremely rare to find a 325i Baur in Australia - usually 1.8 or 2.3. 

Currently the car is NOT RUNNING. It has an issue with the ECU generating injector pulse that has recently come about. The issue is intermittent and sometimes it will run. I have done extensive testing and it appears that just the ECU needs to be replaced. These are approx. $150 from wreckers. I would source one but have massively lost interest in the car (currently working on my Datsun). 

Features: 
Half a tank of premium petrol 
6 months pink slip - just buy insurance and register (no need for inspection) 
Rebuilt transmission in last 7000km 
Timing belt, water pump, crank seals done last 7000km 
New Behr Hella radiator last 500km 
New fuel pumps (in-tank and in-line) last 100km 
All original BMW mag rims (spare in boot in mint condition) 
Great tyres 
Engine mounts done last 7000km 
Air flow meter recalibrated last 500km 
New main relay (ECU, fuel pumps, starter) 
Recent respray (a bit rough but looks good overall) 
Starter strong 

Call for further details


There are links in the ad to a phone number and an email.  Let us know what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment