1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Google's Self-Driving Car Passes Test





Google's robot cars pass driving test

Google's autonomous cars have passed their first driving test in Nevada, which included a trip along the famous Las Vegas Strip.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/9252275/Googles-robot-cars-pass-driving-test.html



Look, no hands! Blind man is first user of Google self-driving car


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/9175494/Look-no-hands-Blind-man-is-first-user-of-Google-self-driving-car.html#ooid=ZsbTNjNDqDOQ4RG1xyKRiWyKk4HlDiNZ







  • Ok, this is pretty cool, and all, but...... I don't know that I am ready to give up driving my own car yet.  :)  Where is the fun in that?


    This self-driving car car makes me think of those who consider a car as just .... another appliance.And it reminds me of what Patton reportedly said, when asked by a correspondent about new push button wonder weapons of war:


    "Correspondent: General, we're told of wonder weapons the Germans were working on: Long-range rockets, push-button bombing weapons that don't need soldiers. What's your take on that?
    Patton: Wonder weapons? My God, I don't see the wonder in them. Killing without heroics. Nothing is glorified, nothing is reaffirmed. No heroes, no cowards, no troops. No generals. Only those that are left alive and those that are left... dead.
    ".   PATTON, (1970).


No comments:

Post a Comment