1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Yesterday's Project: Tearing Down a BMW M10 Engine!

Yesterday's project: tearing apart the BMW M10 engine from my old parts car! Crankshaft is out; cylinder head is off. The pistons are rusted in, however, and will require some ‘persuasion’ to come out: generous amounts of Kroil, followed by the therapeutic application of the BFH! As you can see, I have already put the BF Socket Wrench to work! Mr. Natural says: Get the Right Tool for the Job!  


The crankshaft is out.
 I don’t use it often, but this monster 3/4 inch drive sure comes in handy sometimes! 


 I love to pull cars to pieces to see how they work! What’s YOUR Superpower? 
Sage advice! 

 Pistons are all out now, btw, I am pleased to say! The first two came out easily, but the last two did NOT want to come out!  But they did come out, since I followed Mr. Natural’s advice!  




So .... now what?  Should I rebuild the engine?  Or perhaps re-purpose it into some sort of a steel sculpture?  Like.... say... a chess table?  Hmmm.  ;)  Stay tuned, folks!  :)


😉



No comments:

Post a Comment