1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Greg's 1985 325e TC2 in California!

I got a message through our Baurspotting Facebook page yesterday from Greg M. in California regarding his recent acquisition of a 1985 325e Baur.  I checked his Baur number, and sure enough...... it is NOT listed in the International Baur Registry, so it qualifies as a NEW FIND!   Congratulations and welcome to Baurspotting, Greg!

While it is apparently overall in decent shape (no rust), it did suffer some 'collateral damage' as a result of a messy divorce situation from the previous owner.  The worst of it is that the rear soft top (frame and cover) have gone missing!

So, here is Greg's request:  "Any idea where I can attain a folding top or even just the frame? Would you please put the word out to the community that there is a need for one?"

Anybody out there have a TC2 Baur rear top frame, or does anyone know of anyone parting out a TC2 Baur? Junkyard? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Please shoot me an email, or message me through our Baurspotting Facebook page. I will be posting this in Facebook also.
B45022-15, '86 325e, vin 1235623  

As you can see the rear fold-down soft cover and frame are entirely missing! Let's find him one! ;)

And there is other work to be done, as you can see, to restore this Baur to road-readiness! The good news is that all or moist of the needed parts here should be readily attainable from another early E30.


Baur #5022 goes to its new owner! Certainly looks like a decent starting point!

Here is hoping that we can be of some assistance to Greg in his quest for a replacement rear roof, and we wish him well as he embarks on the restoration process! Greg is not new to the BMW world, btw! He has others! "It rounds out a full set for me. I have a '85 745, '86 524td, '89 635csi, and now the Baur, all in euro trim and Bronzitbeige paint. Kind of like having a straight flush. lol"

Welcome to our Baur community, Greg, and good luck with your search and your project!







No comments:

Post a Comment