1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

New Book From The Hack Mechanic: Guide To European Automotive Electrical Systems!

Look what arrived today! And I was very excited to see that there is a chapter dedicated to "Parasitic Drains"!



I have found a way to stop a parasitic drain, as you can see, but I am thinking that Rob Siegel might be able to suggest a better way. ;)

Full Disclosure: That is a joke, of course. I took the pic the other day as I was stripping out my 1978 E21 320i parts car. I wanted to save the fuse box, and I wanted to leave the original wires attached where they belong. Just in case someone needs that. But what a perfect pic for Rob's book! ;)

Rob is a friend, and a very nice fella to boot. He has written "The Hack Mechanic" column in the BMW Magazine 'ROUNDEL since the early 1980's. He has a very lucid, and humorous, writing style. But if you have ever read any of his columns, you already know that.  

This new book also gives me the perfect opportunity to use one of my all-time favorite quotes, from the Rev. Sydney Smith: (3 June 1771 – 22 February 1845) an English wit, writer and Anglican cleric:  

"I never read a book before reviewing it.  It prejudices a man so."


So, therefore..... I highly recommend the new book!

Seriously, though, it is with great confidence that I say that this book will become an indispensable tome in your automotive library. In the old days, I might have said that it is a book worth stealing but, now that we all grown up, upstanding citizens and stuff, just go ahead and buy it. You won't regret it. ;)


Congrats on the new book, Rob!

You can order it here:
https://www.amazon.com/Mechanic-European-Automotive-Electrical-Systems/dp/0837617510

No comments:

Post a Comment