1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Vintage at Saratoga 2014 Part 1: The 3 Baurs!

Pic by The Pooleman

Baurspotting attended the Vintage at Saratoga on the grounds of the Saratoga Automobile Museum, in Saratoga Springs, NY on July 12, 2014.  This is one of my favorite shows, and we want to recognize the folks who work so hard to bring off what has become one of my favorite shows:  Scott and Beverly Stowell and Frank and Denise Greppo!  I am sure that they have lots of help from the Patroon Chapter membership, but I don't have any of those other folks' names..... but I have personally witnessed the tremendous efforts of those four stalwarts to make this such an outstanding event!  Kudos!  Salute!   And I know for a fact that one of those four actually shed blood today in making sure everything was ready.  THAT is how hard these folks work to make this a success... above and beyond the call of duty!  Now I don't want to embarrass anyone by mentioning the name of who it was that gave blood, but she knows who she is, right, Denise?  

Oops!  My bad.  ;)

But they deserve a standing ovation for making this event such a grand success!

;)

Did I mention that it was a glorious day for a show, and I personally wish to commend whoever it was on the committee who was in charge of the weather!  Give that person a Raise!

We had three Baurs on the field but...that does not give the full picture!  There were FOUR additional Baur owners present who, for one reason or another, were unable to bring their Baurs to the show!  They are Mr. Mair (323i E21 Baur previously UNKNOWN to us!);  and three 2002 Cabrio Targa owners.... Dave T of NH, Amandio A. of MA, and Peter M of NH!   Whoops!  I forgot to mention Lawrence C. (E21 Baur), who brought his gorgeous Caribbean Blue 2002, and his lovely wife.  So there were FIVE additional Baur owners present , in addition to the three Baurs that were physically present!

Three Baurs:  (l to r) Ed P. Tom S. (Baurspottting), and Jim G.

My son, Brian.

Jim G.'s recently acquired 323i Baur. Quite gorgeous.  He bought it last year from George K.



Yours truly, my Daily Driver 1982 323i Baur.  And I DO mean Daily Driver!  I love this car!

Brian again.

Ed's newly finished TC2 Baur.  newly finished as in..... 48 hours ago!  This car was wrecked by it s previous owner last year, and Ed has brought it back to life.  Kudos, Ed!  It is beautiful!

Pics from our friend Andrew W.: 
Nice profile.

Three Baurs in profile:  first the  TC2 (E30), followed by two TC1s.  You can see the difference in the B pillars between the two models.  Thank you, Andrew!

5 Pics from Ed THE POOLEMAN!
Three Baurs.
Ed's recently finished TC2 Baur.
This one speaks for itself, I think.  ;)



Thanks, Ed!

Another beauty from Ed!

Two pics from Scott Sislane!

Thanks, Scott!

Two pics from Daniel L.:

Thanks, Daniel!









No comments:

Post a Comment