1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Baurspotters Alert! 2002 Cabrio Baur STOLEN in Knoxville TN!



Update 7/10/2014**

Update 7/9/2014:  FOUND! 

























**The owner of the Baur contacted me tonight, so I have the whole story.  He has asked me not to share it here, however, to spare the borrower (Marlow) any further anguish.

You can draw your own conclusions from that.

Suffice it to say, that there are no special vulnerabilities that any '02 owners have to worry about as a result  of this incident.    'Nuff said. ------Ed.


  • VIDEO:  TV News Report of Recovery
    http://www.wate.com/story/25973194/rare-bmw-stolen-from-knoxville-home-recovered
  • 7/9/2014 UPDATE:  Where was it found?
  • Robert Bentley Marlow About 5 blocks from my house on the side of the street with a tarp over it.

  • "The 1975 2002 Bauer was found!!!!! It was abandoned on the side of the street 5 blocks from my house under a tarp! Aside from a dead battery she's in perfect condition!"*  


 BAURSPOTTERS ALERT!  
This Baur has been reported stolen today in Knoxville, TN!

If you spot this 1975 BMW 2002 BaurCabrio Targa, or have any information on it, please contact the Knoxville Police department@ 865-215-7268 Thanks!
http://www.wate.com/story/25966391/knoxville-man-searches-for-rare-antique-car-stolen-from-his-home

Mr. Marlow had borrowed the car from a friend when it was stolen from his driveway.









Here is a Baurspotting post from about a year in which this Baur was featured:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/07/small-baur-world-again.html

*"In addition to the KPD; I thank Zach Bowman for posting on Road&Track;Gregg Lonas for sending flyers to every post office in the region and posting on Craigslist; to everyone of you who shared and posted all over the interwebs; to Katie Reno for getting her friends at WATE Channel 6 News to cover it; to those of you who posted on various BMW and 2002 fan clubs; to the kids in the neighborhood who I bribed to be on the lookout as they rode their bikes; to Angie my mail lady who was on the lookout as she delivered mail; and to everyone for tall the positive thoughts and good vibes.

She was stolen in the wee hours of Monday morning; thieves stashed her about 5 blocks away on Wallace Street and disguised her with tarps. The lady who ultimately called the police (at the same time her grandson ran down to my house to tell me). It moved sometime Monday only to return to the same spot by this morning the lady said. About dark tonight she heard noises and found a juvenile couple attempting to start the car. They failed and when she threatened to call the police they ran outta the car leaving it to gently roll into the ladies parked car.

Aside from a dead battery there is no perceivable damage. The car is headed to the KPD impound lot to be processed by forensics. The thieves didn't know how to put up the top--but that meant they didn't find my valuables in the trunk--nor did they take my iphone charger. So as to not contaminate possible forensic evidence I did not open the glove box to check if my unopened pint of George Dickle No. 12 was still there--and quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. I'm just so relieved to have her back--and in sound shape!"

https://www.facebook.com/robertbentleymarlow?fref=nf















No comments:

Post a Comment