1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Triumphant Return! Baur #917 Is Back In Connecticut! Three Baurs In CT!

Rob T. was looking for a project to do some wrenching on.  He has found it.

Rob T. was looking to join the E21 Legion to fill in the blanks between his E10 2002 and his E30 325i.  He has found it.

Rob T. was looking for another BMW with small Euro-style bumpers that would complement his other cars, and that would meet the two criteria above.  He has found it!

Rob's answer?  Baur #917!  Yes, Baur #917 has returned to Connecticut today, and is in the hands of Rob T. As a Baur aficionado, I could not be more delighted!  I have had the privilege of meeting Rob and his wife, Abby, recently.   I am confident that Baur #917 is in good and capable hands, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.  I also stand ready to assist Rob in any capacity to help him reach his goals with this Baur.  Typically, after less than a day of ownership, Rob already has a hit list of issues to tackle on the car!

Bravo, and best wishes to Rob and Abby!

One word of advice, Rob.  Riding in a convertible for 200+ miles (Philly to CT) on a sunny day in August may require some... er.... minor lifestyle changes.  SPF 60, or a decent hat.  :)  



Rob's E10, newly acquired E21 Baur and E30.

Wow.  Nice grouping.  "Every picture tells a story".




Pics by Rob T.

For more history about Rob's new purchase:


Congrats, Rob, and a profound thank you to Baur Wife of the Week:  Abby!  

Yes, folks, that is a new category.   I calls 'em as I sees 'em!  ;)  

The car hobby involves much more than just buying and fixing cars.  Like many other human endeavors, it gets woven into the fabric of the human relationships that we have with those we love.  And, like any other worthwhile endeavor, it often requires negotiation, patience, understanding, balance and perspective, for starters.  Did I mention love?  That too, and Love is a Many-Splendored Thing, as The Bard once said.  So I want to take a moment to recognize, and to thank, those folks out there who put up with us car guys and our obsessions.

Thank you.  :)


Note to Afonso:  What are you doing September 8?  Can we get three Baurs together for the Humpa Picnic?  Let me know.   ;)

40th Anniversary Humpa

Picnic extravaganza

J.B. Williams Park,

Glastonbury, CT

 

Sunday, September 8

- See more at: http://www.ctvalley.org/cvcevents.htm#sthash.FFVenEQH.dpuf







No comments:

Post a Comment