1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Pooleman: Our Man at the New England International Auto Show January 2013

PRESENTING:

Ed Poole
"THEPOOLEMAN"

OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE of BAURSPOTTING BLOG
for the
2013 NEW ENGLAND 
INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
Boston Convention Center
January 17-21, 201


The following is Ed's report from the International Auto show in Boston earlier this month.  Ed works for a BMW dealership in NH and was 'on duty' Thursday evening at the Show.  I asked him to represent Baurspotting and to send us back any pics and commentary from the field to be posted here in the blog.  Ed graciously agreed.  Here is his report. 

Thank you, Ed!

Tom
Your "roving reporter" checking in here. 

I must preface this with the fact that I have come to the realization that new cars are boring mundane hulks of rolling technology that have very little soul, spirit or character.  That being said here goes .... My impressions of vehicles show:

BMW. 


The display of new car that BMW USA supplied were somewhat disappointing,  The Exception to the rule was the "Frozen Silver" M6 it was the first "frozen" color BMW I have seen and I must admit it is spectacular,







The only Car that was better in every aspect was the Aston Martin Rapide with a price tag of just under $237K.  Good enough for Bond good enough for me.


The BMW 328xi wagon was also there and it looked fantastic

The Mini:










 I was Blown away by the J.C, Works coupe and the great accessories you can add from big brake kits to carbon fiber trim. 










MBZ.




 I am in love with the new SL 550 roadster this is a timeless classic true to form in every aspect. the cars they had there fall into the category of mundane !

Equus,


Another sort of wow, @ $66K fully loaded it takes aim at Mercedes and BMW , it falls short in the quality of the interior treatments, the leather was not as nice as I'd hoped, it was kinda pleateherie , I am sure that it will be a very reliable car with an outstanding warranty for a vehicle in it's class 5-60 bumper to bumper power train 10-100  



Fiat


 Fiat introduced a new 15 clowns in the trunk option, open the trunk and 15 clowns pop out !




The highlight of the show was the BMW Isetta that was on display in the Amica booth.



I could go on about the Lambos and McLarens that were at the show and trust me they were impressive but i wont !

Horrible mention goes out to the new Ford SHO very boxy !




The Dodge Dart is a pleasant surprise I did not have time to take a good look at this car .





Lexus Had the Lafa on display and it was stunning in person, I did not have time to talk to any one about it.
Tom, I took lots of pics with my cell phone I did not bring my camera as I don't have one at this time.  I gave it to one of my kids and I am going to replace it with a dslr.

Please feel free to use any of them and the pic of me standing under the giant Roundel:















Cheers,
Ed
___________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, Ed!  Great job, lots of pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment