1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Mystery Voll Cabrio at Famous 02/02/02 Event!

UPDATE 8pm January 3 2016: Thanks to Mike Pugh in NC, we have some new info on this cabrio*!


Who can identify this Baur?  Or is it even a Baur?  :)


(No, it is NOT a Baur.)

I spotted this in one of my friend Harry Bonkosky's  photo albums, which I believe are pics from the famous 02/02/02  gathering at BMW's Spartanburg headquarters.

I did check with my friend, Harry.  He confirmed that these pics were taken at the 02/02/02 event, but he did have any details on this particular Baur cabrio.  
SoI put it out to the Baur Community at large:  does anyone know this Cabrio?  I am confident that someone out there has info.  

:)  


These last two pics were also in that particular album of Harry's, adding support to the fact that these pics are from the 02/02/02 event in South Caroilina.

OK, folks!  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!  Perhaps those hood-mounted rear view mirrors, as well as the paint color, will be helpful in jogging someone's recollection of this Baur cabrio!  

Stay tuned! 

UPDATE 1/13/2016 8pm:  Thank you Mike Pugh for these pics and info!


 Thank you, Mike!  Wow!  Great stuff!  We are closing in on this elusive cabrio!  We now have a
 pic of the driver (at the time), we can see that it is a 2002, and we have a pic of the plate!  

Do you see why I  love this stuff so much?    We are having too much fun!  




No comments:

Post a Comment