1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

1974 2002 Cabrio Targa by Baur in New Zealand!

Thanks to our friend and fellow Baur owner, the intrepid Craig Saxon, for sending me the link to this 1974 Cabrio Targa by Baur in New Zealand!

 But, folks, I am sad to say, I blew it!  

Unfortunately, I received this link on Christmas morning, and, since I didn't have time to do a post at that moment---grandchildren and family were enroute to our house for Christmas Day and there was still wrapping to do!---- I simply saved the link, planning to do a full post when the excitement level was more manageable!

Well, that didn't happen until today.  So, when I clicked on the link to retrieve the details, what to my wondering eyes should appear but...... nothing!  The ad is gone!  Day um.

Time waits for no man, or Baur!  

Anyway, now that I have exhausted myself by verbalizing every single curse word in my vocabulary---- I am bilingual, btw:  I speak English and Foul!----- I can only offer my apologies, and salvage the only part of the ad that I DID save.  
This is the thumbnail pic that appeared in the ad.  It was a 1974 2002 Cabrio Targa, as you can see, and something of a project.  I have checked with Craig, and we agree that the asking price was $6,000, and the car had been in storage for about 20 years.

That is all we have on it, however.  

So, can hope that either the car has been sold, and perhaps the new owner will seek US out, or it did NOT sell, in which case it may get re-listed.

So, we shall see!  Stay tuned! 

And thank you, Craig Saxon!    ;)


http://www.trademe.co.nz/1002697914

No comments:

Post a Comment