1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Hack Mechanic at The Vintage at the Vineyards 2013


Rob Siegel, who has written The Hack Mechanic column in Roundel since about 1984,  has just had his book MEMOIRS OF A HACK MECHANIC published by Bentley.  In celebration of the official publication release date, Rob appeared at The Vintage at the Vineyards with a Presentation Friday night, which included reading an excerpt from the book.  He was also present on the field for a book-signing session on Saturday with his gorgeous E9.



Pics by Brad Day*

Rob was also the Guest Speaker at my local BMW CCA Connecticut Valley Chapter's Annual Dinner last January.  My two sons attended with me and with my friend, Bill K, who also happens to own a pristine Z3. Baurspotting was privileged to have a few minutes to chat with Rob before the dinner......



.... and a few chuckles afterward, when Rob autographed my E21 Holeshot Drag Race helmet for my grandson.  Thanks again, Rob!

Did I mention that he has a gorgeous 3.0 CSi?    :)
Pic by Rob Siegel.

Rob's MEMOIRS OF A HACK MECHANIC Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/MemoirsOfAHackMechanicByRobSiegel




1 comment: