1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Small Baur World Strikes ....... AGAIN!!!


It all started with this post today in Facebook (by John ErdodyThe International BMW '02 Alliance)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-BMW-2002-Turbo-Tribute-RESTORED-NO-RESERVE-/161031176302?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item257e34c06e

I read through the listing, and I happened to notice that the seller mentioned that he owned a Baur!  Whoa!  A Baur in Bryn Mawr PA?  Whoa!  I dont have any Baurs listed from there!

Sniffing a potential NEW FIND..... the Baurspotter in me took over and and I sent the seller (r-franklin) an email explaining what we do at Baurspotting, and stating that I hoped to learn more about his car.

I got the following in response:
Hey Tom,

Matthew S. here. You know all about my three Baurs! I'll send you some pics of the RHD one I brought over from Ireland. In the end, I'm probably not going to part with the 323i/Baur. I think the Jaguar will get the axe instead.


Best,


Matthew




HA!  The seller turns out to be someone we know well!  Matthew is a friend of Baurspotting, and we have corresponded several times about his 3 Baurs!  

He owns this one... which I almost bought three years ago!
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2011/10/history-of-baur-in-us-baur-917.html

Matt also posted this pic of Baur #917, which remains one of my all-time favorites:
Baur #917 Getting a recharge

:)

Matt also owns a gorgeous Cranberry E21 Baur #3091
















And he also owns this E30 TC2 Baur which he recently imported from Ireland!  Right hand drive!

I had completely forgotten that Matt splits his time between Boston and Philly (work-related), and I was quite pleasantly surprised to hear from him today!

So... once again.... we confirm that it is indeed a Small Baur World!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment