1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, November 18, 2011

The First Baur: A Restoration Project Pictorial, Part VI

The First Baur: A Restoration Project Pictorial, Part VI

First of all, a little clarification is in order.  The gentleman in the brown jacket on the left (above) and signing the hood below, is none other than Hermann Wenzelburger, the co-designer of the Baur!  So this truly does make the the #000001 Baur a 'signed original' indeed!  Wow. 
Andreas also tells me that the gentleman on the right in the picture above is the man who made the made Baur roof, and he has the original roof in his basement!  What a great moment, so many years down the road!



"H. Wenzelburger"

Here is a photo of Mr. Wenzelburger that I had on file, given to me by Jeroen Janssen of The Netherlands.  It was taken at Stuttgart last year at the 100th Anniversary of Baur celebration.


Also, Andreas informs me that the woman in the red jacket in the center of the picture is the daughter of Mr. Baur.  She owns the first ever 2002 Baur built, and drives it daily in the summer.  Great stuff, Andreas!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment