1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Overlooked 1979 320/6 US Baur in Arizona....FOUND!!

I came across this overlooked thread the other night from 12/20/2008:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141800

"hey guys I just bought a 79 baur 320/6 in very rough shape for a very good price. What should I do with it? I was thinking on pulling all the euro bits off of it and putting them on my federalized 323i and then parting the entire car. It has a couple rust spots, the cloth rear convertible top is falling apart but all the mechanicals of the top work perfectly. The solex carb was replaced with a holley downdraft. The car doesnt run. Can anyone get any info off the VIN other than the standard bmwz-1 stuff? Here is the VIN: 6627596
*Update with Pics*

Pics were taken with my cell phone camera and it was getting dark so not the best quality










[/quote]



I don't know how this one got missed, but I don't see it listed in jeroen's original listing of Baur TC1s in the US. It appears that it has been overlooked when the list of US Baurs was compiled.



Jeroen did even comment in the thread, so he does know about this car:
"It's an old one, the 118th build Baur.
Baurnumber: A70118-1 (A7 is the standard startnumber)
VIN: 6627596
Typ: 320/6
Roofcolour: Sonnenland black
Exterior: Polaris (grey)
Interior: Stoff black
Glass: not tinted
Sold new to: Mister Christmann, Worms Germany.
It's the 9th oldest E21 Baur known to the Baur registry."


So this appears to be yet another new Baur to add to our list!

I am happy to report that we have now FOUND this Baur!  I have an update coming soon:  it is owned by Mark R. in Scottsdale AZ.  He has sent me some pics that I will be posting soon. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment