1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Alpina Baurs



The pics above are all purportedly 'Alpina' Baurs. They certainly appear to be 'Alpinas', but are they? This has often been discussed, but I have yet to see it conclusively proven that there is, in fact, a true 'Alpina' Baur. A gentleman at Bimmerfest East 2011 told me that he used to own one, and regretted selling it.... But was it a true Alpina Baur? Who knows?
This is the 'Alpina Baur' currently being discussed in bimmerforums and on Facebook. It appears to have a 320/6 carbureted engine, not the Alpina B6 2.8. Isit a true Alpina, or just modified to appear to look like one? We shall see.
Ok, Ok.  I know this last one isn't a Baur.  It really isn't even a real Alpina.
This is Charbel's awesome build though, and he added the Alpina decals.  he brought this car to bimmerfest East in August 2011 all the way from Michigan.  He installed the motor from a 745 turbo, I believe, along with  a roll cage.  Just an amazing car!

The point being, however, that it is not hard to make a car appear to be an Alpina, when in fact it is not.
Update:
There is another in the video in this thread at 1:38. Red.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1654469&highlight=Alpina

No comments:

Post a Comment