1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Coming in from the Cold

We had an interesting exchange in the E30 forum in bimmerforums today.


Another Found Baur, coming in from the cold!    :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUdUmLmNQis


Member E21BAUR of Torrance, CA posted the following:

"hey i have a 323i Baur TC1 here in California
just finishing restoring it actually my mother was the first owner and her dad my grandpa imported it here from Germany.
i know theres another one in cali somewhere that i was about to buy but i got beat to it.
Let me know if u want some pics or any info"
I responded to him with :
"Yes indeed... we love pics! And welcome aboard! Please join us over on the E21 forum:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1566814

That is the main thread for "Baur TC1s in the US".... and there are several others from time to time. Lots of great info on that thread... it's loooong! We have done a lot of work and we have had some amazing finds since we started in December 2010. It has been a blast! Check it out. Enjoy!

Send us some pics and any info you can, and I will post it on the primitive Google map showing the located Baurs in the US.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...0262f15966&z=3

And I will also include you on my blog, "Baurspotting" dedicated to finding and identifying all the Baurs in the US, starting with the TC1s.
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

Great to hear from you.... what is your Baur number? I don't know if your car is a 'new find', or if you are one of the ones we have been trying to track down. Exciting stuff! "



Upon further reflection, the Torrance CA address sounded somehow familiar, so I did a little checking on our Google map, and ... sure enough .... we had already found this car from a post that he made a few months ago, but we had never been able to make any contact with him directly, until now!  Here is the post I had found back in February:
"1982 323i Torrance CaUpdated Feb 2

owned by 'E21BAUR"
"Hey
im really intrested in those euro bumpers if there in pretty good condition
im restoring a 1982 E21 323i Baur edition bueatiful car but has the ugly ass american bumpers =(
let me know "

email sent 2/2/2011"



Sooo.... another Baur has 'come in from the cold"!!  :) 
Welcome E21BAUR!  We can't wait to see some pics and identify your Baur number!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment