1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Stunning News For Baur Lovers!

Thanks to our friend in Hungary, the Eagle-eyed Baurspotter John van der Wal, we have an exciting announcement to make!  Look what John spotted ..... in the USA!    This is a FIRST, folks! 

John sent me a link to a video the other day, and said only:  "Look at 2:30 into the video." No other clues.   Well, I can't resist a little mystery and suspense --- who can?  ;) ---- so I started the video and quickly skipped to the recommended moment!   The video consists of a guy walking around his car dealer's lot, showing his inventory.

The pics that follow are screen shots that I took of that video.... revealed just the way it was revealed to me!  

Enjoy!  


OK, here is the first clue.....and we recognize this front end.... it is a BMW E36.   Nothing unusual in that, except that for some reason it appears to have a strange Euro-style license plate.  Hmmm.   Why is John sending me a video of an E36? 

Well, the fact is, John has appeared in Baurspotting before, with his own E36.  But it was no ordinary E36.  ;)  

So I was very intrigued at this point!  :)  


 A few seconds later..... we  now see that this car is also not any ordinary E36, for it appears to have.....  a fabric cabrio roof!   Hmmm.   :)  

Hold everything!  I see lettering on that B Pillar!    And.... that is not a cabrio roof... it is a 'targa" top!    Yikes!  

Four doors!  Fixed windows!  It's a Baur! Whoa!  An E36 TC4 Baur ... in the USA!  One of only 311 ever built!  

And this is the FIRST one we have ever seen in  the US! 

Furthermore ... I am quite sure that it is the ONLY TC4 in the United States today! 

Wow!  What a coup!  Thank you John van der Wal for sending us this link!  How in the world did you ever find it!  Incredible! 

You are automatically nominated for:  Baurspotter of the Year!








As soon as I saw this video, I immediately called the dealer.  I did not reach the owner but I spoke to his associate, Gordon.  We had a great chat for a few minutes.  They know what they have!  And not only that but.... they have ANOTHER Baur!   Gordon told me that the other Baur is one of the 25 imported to North America!  Whoa!   There is only one way that he could know that, folk!   And the only way he could know that is......  because he read it in Baurspotting!  ;)  Yes, it is true!   He knows our blog!  Anyway, we had a great little funny chat, and we agreed to talk some more in the future.  They have some plans that may be of interest to our readers here at Baurspotting, and I will leave it at that!   ;)

OK, back to the TC4.  The car is not for sale.  At least not at this point.  It is located in the southern US.  VERY southern US.   Where gators and oranges are familiar parts of the landscape.  ;)

  I have been asked not to reveal too many details yet... but all in due time.   Trust me and stay tuned.  This is VERY exciting news, and I can't wait to share more!

 Thank you, John van der Wal!  I am always amazed at how global Baurspotting has become!   This is a perfect example:  our Dutch friend in Hungary links us up to an unbelievable discovery in our own backyard: the  southern US!  Wow!  I love this stuff!  :)   

John, you are a shoo-in for Baurspotter of the Year!   ;)




Incidentally, here is one example of the other cars that appear in this video.  Yeah, it's a Roller.  Nice, huh?     ;)  

Huge thanks again to John van der Wal for sending us this link.  




No comments:

Post a Comment