1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

SJ Lmb's Beautiful TC2 Baur in New Zealand!



Today in a thread in Facebook Old School Beemers, SJ Lmb mentioned that he too owned a South African-built Baur.  So I invited him to post some pics.  Sure enough, few minutes later he posted these two pics. I assumed ---wrongly as it turned out!---- that since he had a South African-built Baur, and he was commenting on a SA Facebook page, that he was located in SA also!

Wrong! :)


 I thought the pics looked a little familiar,  .... and his name as well.... so I checked my files.  :)   Nope, nothing by that name in South Africa.   Hmmm.  So I checked his Facebook page!  ;)

Bingo!    SJ Lmb is in New Zealand!  Who da thought!  :)  



I found these two pics in my files, stating "SJ Lmb 1987 325i MTech!  New Zealand"!   So I took the liberty of checking SJ's Facebook page and discovered... this is a guy who LOVES his Baur!  :)  




Why do I think he loves his Baur?  Here is the caption he himself added to the pic above, apparently when he first purchased it:
"Negotiations complete after some hours. Baur power. Built in my homeland and now under my ownership. Love comes in many forms. Man and his automobile is the most senseless but comprehendable form. E30 baby!!" ---SJ Lmb.  


Gotta love that!  Congratulations and welcome to Baurspotting, SJ Lmb!  :)  Here are some of the other pics of his Baur from his page.  





























Nobody has this many pics of their car unless they absolutely LOVE it!  I believe SJ Lmb loves his car!  

And I love this stuff! :)  

Congrats again, SJ, and thank you for sharing your beautiful Baur with us!  










1 comment:

  1. Your Beema is so smart and nice, i would really love to make my one exactly like yours. I am based in Matatiele Town in the North of Eastern Cape South Africa. Any advice will do.

    Thank you

    Vumza

    ReplyDelete