1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

E21 Baur Posted on Instagram!




Thanks to Dylan H. for sending us this pic from Instagram of n E21 316i Baur.  We are new to Instagram, and this is really all the info we have on it so far.

However., I would be remiss if I did not note the there may be an error in the Instagram post.  He states that his Baur is one of 1805 produced.  I am not sure if he is referring to the year, or to the model.... but I believe, based on my information, that he is mistaken regardless.     There were a total of only 591 E2 316i 's produced.


I am not sure how he arrives at that number of 1805.  Here are the production numbers by year of the E21 TC1 Baurs:

So I am curious to know what his number of 1805 refers to exactly.  It does not appear to refer to either the number of 316i's produced (591), nor does that number agree with the production numbers by any year of the E21 Baurs.  So what exactly DOES the number 1805 propose to represent?  I am curious to know.


:)

We will try to contact the owner and we will post more when we know more!  :)

So stay tuned!  

;)


Thank you, Dylan!



No comments:

Post a Comment