1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Project Journal 2002: 3/31/2013 Prepping the 2002 driver's quarter panel

Happy Easter to All!  
I got to spend a little time outside today prepping the driver's quarter panel.  Temp in the mid-50's. intermittent sun.   Nice overall.  This is an experimental piece.... I have pounded out most of the dents.  It still has some rust through as you can see behind the wheel well.  I sanded off  a lot of the chipping white paint this afternoon, along with the surface rust.  It was threatening rain, so I gave it a quick coat of primer also, before stowing it back in the garage.  Fresh primer helps to show all the problem areas.  I consider this a practice piece, btw.  The whole car is going to need this sort of attention.... and more!  So I am just starting slowly.
I did the work on those sawhorses you can see on the right.  That is my E21 Baur behind me, and my 1977 carbed 320i to the left.  The 2002 is just out of sight in the garage at the right, and my 1979 323i project car is under cover next to the garage.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment