1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Colchester Green Cruise Night July 24, 2019

Well, I finally made it to the Cruise Night on the Colchester Green tonight, after several missed dates and rain cancellations! And I was not disappointed! There is always a great variety of American Iron on the Green, often reaching back to the 'Teens and Twenties.  'Foreign Cars' are few and far between, and, for example, I was once again the only BMW present.  A Porsche and a VW Bug completed the German contingent, and there were a couple of British representatives scattered around.  Two, I think. 

So, out of perhaps 200 cars, a mere handful were of European manufacture, and I did not see any Japanese cars at all.  The cutoff date for the show, btw, is 1988, except for Corvettes.  All Corvettes are welcome, regardless of year!
First up is my favorite of the night:  1948 Triumph TRA 2000 Roadster.  I discovered that my friend Karl, who has a collection of antique and vintage cars, bought this one after the British By The Sea show at Harkness Park (Waterford, CT) back in June.


Rumble seat, with its own windshield!  One of the last production cars so equipped!  The fenders are steel, but the body is aluminum, made from leftover materials used to build warplanes during WWII.

Here are two photos of this same car, taken in June 2019 at the British by the Sea Show at Harkness Park in Waterford, CT.  As you can see, it was for sale at that time, and that is where my friend, Karl, purchased it.  Congratulations, Karl!  Nice find! 




Yes, three (count 'em!) early T-Birds! 

And hot rods, galore, parked right next to the T-Birds! 

A beauty! 

Avanti convertible! 

And a Studebaker convertible! 


Wow!  Studebaker Champion!




Another early T-Bird, but this one is hardly stock!  


Corvair.

MG Magnet


AMX.

T-Bird at the 'Drive-In Theater'! 

Lordy! Buick convertible!

OK, truth be told:  I have a soft spot in my heart for a blue Plymouth Road Runner!  A buddy of mine had one almost identical to this, back in DC in the early 1970s.  In a straight line, that car was SCARY fast! I loved it!  ;)

Plymouth Road Runner and a Dodge Super Bee.  Classic American Muscle! 

And a 'Cuda!


The place was fairly crawling with Mustangs.  ;)

A lonely VW Bug, tucked in between.

The Baurspotting Baur, parked next to a GTO, probably a 1965 or so!

And, as I exited the Green for the 20 mile ride home, I drafted my way back behind this guy!  Not a bad view for the ride! 
Another great night at the Colchester Green Cruise! 







No comments:

Post a Comment