1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, November 12, 2018

NEW TO US: 1974 Baur Targa in New York!

UPDATE November 13, 2018:  Link to more pics!  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1et9hobQ8Wapa2w0nIF4mb6qZZ-O5H6x5


Thanks to our friend and fellow Baur owner Mike Pugh for the heads up on this beautiful 1974 2002 Cabrio Targa by Baur, located in New York, that was posted in the 2002FAQ forum yesterday.  

According to the info posted (below), it may be coming up for sale in the not too distant future, so stay tuned.  And he is correct in his comments:  these don't come on the market very often.  We know a number of folks have purchased them in Europe, or even Australia, and shipped them here in recent years.   So here is one that is literally in our own backyard!!!   Exciting news!  

So, in the meantime..... what do you folks think?  Any feedback on the potential value/pricing is most welcome.  If you have an interest in purchasing this Baur, well, it may be a little premature, but you can contact the seller through the link* below.  

We don't have a lot of info, but from what we can see, it certainly looks like a wonderful example that has fairly low mileage and has apparently been well cared for.  We look forward to learning more about it.












Owner's comments from the 2002FAQ:
Hello - Just joined the forum today. My father has a 1974 Baur Targa that he’s thinking about selling and we’re having a hard time gauging a reasonable price point because it doesn’t seem they come to market all too often. I understand a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but I was hoping to get some input from a group of knowledgeable enthusiasts such as yourselves. I myself have a 1976 Toyota FJ40 and find invaluable information on the forum I belong to. At any rate - this Targa was imported from Italy, spent most of its life in California and has been in NY the last 12 or so years - always garaged. It has 90k original KMs. I’ve included some pics below as a reference. My father knows the car better than I but it’s rock solid and runs great. Any input on potential value/starting asking price would be greatly appreciated. If you feel there’s a different avenue I should be taking in terms of finding out this information please chime in - I know there are many variables when it comes to pricing, really just looking for any general input. Thanks in advance.

*You will find it here:
https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/231993-1974-baur-targa/

Thank you, Mike Pugh!  Keep those cards and letters coming!  We appreciate your help!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment