1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Cruise on the Green in Colchester (CT) May 17 2017

The Good Times Motoring Club does a Cruise Night on the Colchester (CT) Green on the third Wednesday of the month from April into September. It gets bigger each month as the weather warms up. Probably 200+ cars on the green tonight.... only two BMWs, as usual, but lots of other neat stuff! 

First the BMWs:  Our friend Joe Cunningham brought his pretty 2002 tonight, which was the only other BMW present.   Nice to see you again, Joe!



There is the Baurspotting Baur---- top down, of course---- next to a gorgeous Studebaker Commander!  It was a beautiful night for a topless cruise! 

Here is another shot of that Studebaker as we were departing.  I like the license plate, for it was indeed a very good year!   ;)  

There I am again, packed in amongst all the American Iron!  ;)  


There were so many cars present that I knew I couldn't do them all justice.  So I decided to just shoot pics of the many custom Hot Rods that were present....... plus a few other favorites thrown in for good measure! 




A couple of VW Beetles!


I can never resist a Metropolitan!  ;)


Wait.... I thought the Corvair was a REAR-engined car!  ;)




Frank Marrartta's Connecticut Dragway! 




The only Volvo present!, a P-1800! 





T-Bird! 

Mercedes 220SE Cabrio, manual transmission. 

Sunbeam Tiger with a throaty exhaust note!



My first vehicle was a 1953 Dodge truck, similar to this.  Gotta love it! 







Model T.



Straight 8.


Ok, I am always a sucker for the Plymouth Road Runner, even in this green! 

Score one for the Johnson/Humphrey campaign bumper sticker, circa 1964! 

Speaking of 1964..... I once had a 1964 two tone Impala hardtop. 


Studebaker Champion.

GTO.

A BIG toothy smile for the camera now. There's a good boy!   When a grill was a grill!  ;)

Needless to say, I left out more than 150 other cars that attended the show tonight!  This Cruise Night only gets bigger as the summer progresses, so if you are free on the third Wednesday of the month (weather permitting), come on down to the Colchester (CT) Green!  You won't regret it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment