1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

David R.'s New TC2 Baur in the UK

UPDATE 6pm 2/15/2015:  new pics from David R. below*.

David R. of the UK sent us a pic of the Baur that he just won on ebay.  Congrats, David, and welcome to Baurspotting!














David commented:
"Just bought my new baby 1986 320i.  I also have a silver/blue 1985 318 am using as a full car of spares (engine and diff no good)"

Here are some more pics that we gleaned from David's Facebook page, and we also found some pics of the 1985 318 'spare'.   It never hurts to have a spare! 






That looks like an M20.  In the US the 320i is an M10, and the 320/6 is carbureted.  Perhaps this is the 2.0L M20 with fuel injection.  
Nice looking Baur!   


Hauling her home!
Window trim may need some tweaking.   


Here is David's spare 1985 318 Baur:






David had apparently considered several other Baurs before purchasing this one, including the following:




































 I am not sure, but this looks very similar to the Baur listed as the 'spare' above.  I will have to ask David for confirmation.



































This is an E21 323i, from what I can tell.

So, congratulations to David on his new purchase, and, again, welcome to Baurspotting!

*More pics from David R.:















Beautiful, David!  

No comments:

Post a Comment