1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Primitive Google Map: Known Baur Targa Locations in the US


I have started a Primitive Google Map of the known Baur Targa locations in the US.


Operative words:  primitive.  Work in progress.

This is not intended to be a complete amp of all the Baur Targas in the US.  That is our goal, but we are not even close to that yet.  For this, I beg your indulgence.  We are working on it.... but these things are a lot of work, and my time is limited.  if your Baur Targa is not included.... and if I have your info.... I will include it soon.  Send me a note to let me know.... I have tons of info on file, and sometimes things can get misfiled.  I am only human.... and I am not a professional at this stuff.  And I am a one-man operation here.   This is a labor of love, so any assistance is gratefully, and humbly, appreciated.  :)

 This is only intended as a start, to give an idea of the spread of the known Baur Targas in the US at this time.  This is a work in progress, and it is my intention to add to the map as more information is discerned, and as time allows.

It is my further intention to create a similar map for all the 1600 and 2002 voll Cabrios in the US.  This is an ambitious, and daunting, project, and requires a significant investment of time.  We will get to it.

We have already created similar maps of the locations of the known E21 Baurs and the known E30 Baurs in the US. You can find links to those maps in the sidebar of my blog.... just scroll down until you see them under "Links'.  Eventually we will have maps of EVERY Baur in the US!  That is our goal!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212684510055146301929.0004cf0b88f4599334c83&msa=0

No comments:

Post a Comment