1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baur TC1 in the US: Interim Status Report

This is a link to a spreadsheet of what we have gathered so far in our effort to identify and locate every Baur TC1 in the United States at this time.  Please consider that it is not yet complete.  It is an interim report, and the information is still coming in.  It is divided into sections:
1) Known Baur Numbers;
2) Known Baur Numbers, Unfound Baurs;
3) Known Baurs, Unknown Baur Numbers;
4) Unknown Baur Numbers, Unconfirmed Reports.

I have further added a column for known locations and, if unknown, last reported location; whether the Baur is a previously known Baur, or a new discovery; and whether it is listed on the International Baur Registry (Stephan)
and Jeroen's original list of 33 US Baurs (from Baur TC1 in the US Thread in bimmerforums). 
Jeroen also provided a listing of 25 Baurs that were documented as going to Canada (mainly), and the US.  Any cars appearing on that list are also noted (one).
(E21 Bimmerforms "Baur TC1s in th US thread;  Post 74, page 3)
This turned out to be a fairly complicated task, and I apologize for any errors in advance, as I am sure there are omissions and errors.  I wanted to get this out, and I will continue to update it as more information is received. 

I do wish to take a moment express my profound gratitude to the numerous members who have contributed to this compilation, and I hope I have at least begun to do justice to your contributions.  This has been a long time coming, and we are not nearly done.

Damn the torpedoes!  Full steam/speed ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment