1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Off Topic: Fiat Jolly Spotted In Connecticut!

Hey, friends, please indulge me on this one!  I was on my way to meet my siblings for brunch today and spotted this nifty little item parked on the main street in my town! 

Well, naturally...... it stopped me dead in my tracks, and I had to get out and shoot a few pics!  This is the first time I have seen a Fiat Jolly (the new retro version) in the US!  I didn't even know they were bringing them back!  Years ago, we had the good fortune to visit Capri for a few days, and that was the first time I had encountered them.  In Capri they are often used as taxis, and many of them will have a 'surrey' top!  A quintessential Mediterranean/Caribbean vehicle, and I loved them!  





































Well, I live in a shoreline town, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see one..... but I WAS surprised.  It was parked in front of a local restaurant, with another nearby, and I even went inside one restaurant to see if I could find the owner, without any luck! Yeah, I am THAT GUY! ;)  But they must have been in the OTHER place, because I didn't find them! 

But anyway, without further ado, here is the Fiat Jolly that I spotted his afternoon in town!  Enjoy!  


Wait...... what does that say?  "You are beautiful!"  Leave it to The Italians to come up with that!  ;)  





"You are Beautiful!"   Can't argue with that!  ;)


A very cute little car!  Kudos to Fiat, and Kudos to whoever owns this little beauty  I love it! 

Here are a couple of examples of the original Fiat Jolly that you might still see around the Mediterranean!  

"The Little Jolly with the Fringe on Top"!  
Rattan Seats!  Gotta love it!   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment