1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Baurspotting and David Cassidy

I only have one connection to David Cassidy, who passed away yesterday. Back around 1971-2, I was working nights for my Dad and hanging out in the daytime reading and playing chess on The Gam at Ocean Beach, a carefree, idyllic life. One afternoon on The Gam this little 5 or 6 year old boy approached me at my table, out of the blue, very shyly. He asked. "Are you David Cassidy?" I could see his parents, smiling, and looking on about 10 feet away. I apparently had the same long hair style that Cassidy was sporting.... although I never thought there was really any resemblance. So, I looked up, gave a wink to his parents, and asked him if he could keep a secret. In all the earnestness that a 5 year old could muster, he said 'yes'". So I said, "Yes, I am David Cassidy, but you mustn't tell anyone but your parents, OK? " His eyes opened wide, and he smiled. I shook his hand, and sent him back to his parents, totally elated. I waved and smiled to his folks and went back to reading my book. They were all smiles at this point, and they left, satisfied that their son had met 'David Cassidy', incognito. Was that wrong?   Apologies to David Cassidy, I never told him about this. RIP. I don't really see the resemblance, but.... whatever.   Oh, and just to be clear, I am the guy in the second pic, on my Wedding Day.   Just in case you are not sure which pic is me.  


RIP David Cassidy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment