1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sunday: Vintage at Saratoga Part VI


I apologize for this VERY belated post!  This was the Sunday event at the Vintage at Saratoga 2015!  We had a great time, and it remains one of my favorite shows!

Kudos to Scott and Beverly Lynn, Frank and Denise, and Tony and wife, and all the other wonderful folks who make this happen.    


Here we are on Sunday morning now in the parking lot of the Roosevelt, lining up for the 45 minute run to breakfast at Wolff's Biergarten!
Afonso is securing the tonneau cover on his soft top.  The Baurspotting Baur is right in front of him in line.
My son, Brian, and Scott Stowell demonstrating the "Sign the Waiver Two-Step' for Afonso, as he signs off on the waiver.
Brian and Afonso at the Roosevelt parking lot.  
The ride to breakfast.  That is Andrew Wilson in Athena in front of us.

Afonso's Baur in the rearview mirror.  Pic by Brian.  

Here is our Sunday morning breakfast destination:  Wolff's Biergarten ind Wurst Haus!  Now the amazing thing is that this pic is from their website!  I did not take this pic today!  There just happens to be a red BMW 2002 parked in front when the pic was taken!  OK, it was probably staged but now look at this:

This pic WAS taken on Sunday when we arrived... with not one but TWO red BMW 2002s parked in front!  Frank Greppo's "Boyd Coddington' Red, and Robert and Lydia Cruz's Verona!  Tony V. (left), Frank G. (center) and Robert Cruz (right).
 Had I known about the website pic, I would have taken this pic from the same angle!
Afonso with orange juice and coffee.
Part of our group.
Brian, having had his fill of the free peanuts, awaits the arrival of his breakfast, with his OJ and coffee.  Beverages are included in the breakfast.
The Red, White and Blue special arrives!

Brian and Afonso get down to the serious business of breakfast!

Jim and Mary Denker, Andrew Wilson, Frank Greppo and Robert Cruz.
Jim, Mary, Andrew and Frank.


My Red, White and Blue Special Breakfast!  A huge Belgian Waffle topped with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream (hence the red white and blue) plus the eggs and bratwurst!  Lordy! And it was every bit as good as it looks, trust me on that!  ;)

Jim and Mary Denker, Lydia Cruz, Brian and Afonso.  
Lydia, Brian and Afonso.

I started with this...... and .....

None of us three stalwart hearties could manage to finish this breakfast!  We gave it our best shot but this is how we left them.  That is my plate in the foreground, with Brian and Afonso's plates in the background.  Never in my life have I left a bratwurst on my plate!  First time for everything!  We were absolutely stuffed.  And for the princely sum of 10 bucks apiece!  Fantastic!
A few shots outside the Biergarten as we prepared to depart for home.  This is Robert and Lydia Cruz's '02.
Afonso's Baur, the Baurspotting Baur, and Jim and Mary Denker's E30 325e.

Andrew Wilson's Athena.




Somehow I inadvertently overlooked posting this back in July.  I can't believe I overlooked it but... life intervenes sometimes!  So here it is, better late than never!  ;)

Today I saw the pic of Robert and Lydia Cruz in Puerto Rico with my friends Harry and Humberto, and I searched for the pics of the Cruz family.   it was only then that I realized that I had never posted this!

Mea culpa!  It was a great event and a very fun morning with some wonderful new friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment