1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Norwich CT Auto Show and Larry's Machine Car Cruise: September 20, 2015

Norwich CT Auto Show and Larry's Machine Car Cruise:  September 20, 2015 .... or how I spent a beautiful summer Sunday!

I hit two local auto shows today, both organized by friends of mine, Terry D. (Norwich) and Sandy. (Groton).

Norwich Auto Show September 20, 2015
This is my friend Terry's gorgeous 1955 Ford Fairlane Victoria.  One of my all time favorites!  Terry is a member of The Good Guys Motoring Club, the sponsors of this show, held at Dodd Stadium, Norwich, CT.  



I met this guy last week at a show at Ocean Beach.   He loved the Baur, btw, and we had a nice chat.  A really nice fella, and, as you can see, a hard-core car guy!    
Yeah, this guy!  He is in his mid-70's, and this is his ride!  I loved this guy!   












This was a 10 year restoration.  



















Interior converted to a 50's-style diner!  
















The only BMW in the place!  Z4 M Coupe.  








We will see--- and hear! --- this one later in Groton!
I had the brisket on mac and chess for a low-cal lunch!  Delicious!  




Porsche with a 327! 




Diesel!




/.l/.




I Left Norwich around midday and headed down to the Car Cruise show at Larry's Machine Shop near the airport in Groton.  This was the first thing I spotted as I arrived to park.  















Awsome!  

A Live band! 










This is one of my friend Sandy's cars, a 1957 Ford.  

This Ford Fairlane Victoria belongs to Sandy's wife.  

Sandy converted this Volkswagen from a VW rear engine to a front-mounted Ford V8!  He had some help from another friend, Mike H., who did the frame welding for him.  Mike has considerable street creed himself, btw.  The car below is the Detroit Diesel rat rod that Mike built!



This is a show-stopper!  















































Sandy claims that this is how he shoehorned that Ford V8 into the trunk of this VW.  ;)






Whoa!  The infamous GM Diesel!  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Diesel_engine



















In a fitting end to the afternoon, I found myself standing between these two monsters (Honda above and the rail dragster below) when they were BOTH started up!  I was within 10 feet of both of them!  Incredible!  When they revved those engines, I could feel it in my ears!  Of all the days to forget my earplugs!  Made my day!  















Overall, it was a most excellent way to spend one of the most beautiful days of the waning summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment