1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gene B.'s TC1 Baur in California!

UPDATE:  3/23/2015 7:45pm:  Gene has helped refresh my memory!  We have had this Baur in Baurspotting previously, before Gene bought it!  THRICE!   Amir K and Sergio sent pics to us back in  the late summer and fall of 2013.  I thought it looked familiar!!  See Below.**

UPDATE:  3/23/2015:  Thank you, Gene, for the Baur plate pic!  Baur #3876!  And I have found this Baur listed on one of the two International Baur Registries*.







Gene B of California sent me these pics of his beautiful white E21 Baur today.  I love the E21 in white, as many of you may know!  Thanks, Gene!  Congratulations, and welcome to Baurspotting!



This is a 1982 323i with an E30 m20 swap, according to Gene.


 Thanks, Gene!  Please send us a pic of your Baur number plate so we can determine of this Baur is registered in the International Baur Registry, or if it qualifies as a NEW FIND!  :)


*It looks like it has some work done on it since this pic was taken!  Nice, Gene!

Does anyone recognize where this was taken?  Several BMWs in the background, including that white Coupe at the right of the pic!

http://bmwe21baur.npage.de/baur-tc1-register.html


More pre-restoration pics from Gene!  Thanks, Gene!






Gene says:  This is what it looked like when I got it. I didn't do a full restoration but I cleaned up all the rust in the pics replaced the hood painted that ,the trunck lid the right rear quarter panel , and front valance.cleaned up the carpet replaced carpet padding, new canvas and rear section ,added e30 reupholstered seats since it had the regular seats and re chromed the front and rear bumpers with new rubber padding.And prior to the swap someone put in an automatic transmission in this car which now has the e30 5 speed .it's still a work on progress bit I tried to just clean it up as much as possible. Eventually I will strip everything down and do a complete restoration.


"This is what the seats look like . I also had custom embroidered the headrest with the baur logo."





Small Baur World strikes again! :)



**Previous posts about Baur #3876! 
1)  http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/08/amir-ks-california-e21-baur-find.html

2)  http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/10/new-e21-baur-spotted-in-california.html

3)  http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/11/baur-3876-for-sale-in-ca.html

Editor's Note:  My old Dell laptop completely died on me last fall, and I upgraded to an iMac.  I have not been able to recover ----yet---- the picture files that were stored on that Dell.   Dammit!  So when I searched my current files for Baur #3876, I came up empty:  those pics are on my dead laptop!  


Stay tuned!  ;)












No comments:

Post a Comment