1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, January 2, 2015

John Wood's South African-built TC2 Baur in Australia!

Thanks to John Wood of Australia for posting a pic of his South African-built TC2 Baur to our Baurspotting page in Facebook today.






















As I went to file this pic away, I discovered that I already had another pic of this Baur!  Small Baur World!










You may recall that there were about 3,000 E30 coupes converted to Top Cabriolets under license to Baur in South Africa.  They are all right hand drive, and do not have Baur number plates, as far as I know.  Another distinguishing feature of the SA-built versions is that the Baur top frame is painted body color.  The apparent reason for this is that the Baur top frames were assembled to the chassis BEFORE the chassis were painted.  The top frames of the Stuttgart-built Baurs are black.

Incidentally, John commented: "I could be persuaded to sell my 323i Baur convertible, 5 speed manual."


Here is the link to our Baurspotting page in Facebook.  You may be able to reach John through that 

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baurspotting/1415961761990371


Welcome to Baurspotting, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment