1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Alpina Tribute (?) 323i in the UK from Ambrose McCabe!

Ambrose McCabe in the UK sent us these pics a while back, which unfortunately got buried in the files.  I came across the pics today, so here they are.  I am not sure what the status of this Baur is at present, since Ambrose spotted these pics a couple of months ago.  But we will try to track that info down.  As you can see, it has some apparent Alpina features, but since there are no authenticated Alpina Baurs that we know of, they are undoubtedly just add-ons.  






Here are Ambrose's comments:
 Hi mate thanks for all your help! Out of interest, how much do you think it's worth? It needs a lot of attention (to the tune of about £10,000) with regards to rust on the sills, near side chassis leg and I couldn't even check the boot so Lord knows that'll probably be shot through...I think mint condition the 323 would fetch near £10-15k if you're lucky, but I've only experience with e34's. Cheers
 Note the Alpina C1 2.3 badge on the grille.  Decoration?  False advertising?  ;)












Genuine Alpina rims?  Hmmm.  ;) 

We would love to know more about this Baur, particularly the Baur number.  

So stay tuned!

Thanks, Ambrose! 


No comments:

Post a Comment