1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Learn-Something-New-Every-Day Dept: Why Do They Call It the S14?

I was perusing the article below in Hemmings, thanks to the excellent link from John E. at Classic and Vintage BMW, when this suddenly jumped off the page at me:

The S14--for the non-BMW aficionado--is the legendary twin-cam four-cylinder developed by Paul Rosche, engineering managing director at BMW. The 2.3-liter engine, derived from the M88 inline six-cylinder block, head and valvetrain of the titanic M1, went from drawing board to production in just 14 days, hence the S14 moniker.


The answer to a question that I have often wondered about, but never actually asked!  I love little trivia like this!  So I thought that I would share it here, on the off-chance that I am not the only guy who never knew this.

:)

Thanks, John!

Thanks to John E at Classic and Vintage BMW 
 https://www.facebook.com/classicandvintagebmw?hc_location=stream

and to Hemmings Motor News
http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2010/01/01/hmn_feature1.html

This is where I actually found it tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment