1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Special Pictorial: BillinMN's Baur Restoration!

Don't ask me how I found this!  I don't know how I found it!  I was stumbling around in old Baur threads, and BOOM!  This pops up!  I am a firm believer in the old aphorism that says:  the harder you work the luckier you get!  Well, I got lucky tonight.  :)


OK, these pics are from BillinMN, a Baur owner and friend in MN.  I have corresponded with Bill on a couple of occasions, but I had no idea this pictorial was out there, waiting to be found!  Up until now, the full extent of my knowledge of Bill's Baur was this pic, which I have had on file for years.  It is his signature pic in bimmerforums, if I am not mistaken.

I offer this pictorial as an inspiration:
1)  to folks embarking on a restoration, so they get an idea of what they are getting themselves in to;
2) to folks struggling with a project so that they can see what their hard work can become!

Thank you, Bill for sharing this project with us!


Here is Bill's post in that long forgotten thread (June 2007), with the link to these pics:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-37043.html

Hey Guys. I'm new here but do recognize a few names from other venues.

I've an '81 323 Baur almost done with a frame up. While not done yet, here's a glimpse of what an e21 Baur looks like.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/bill-in-mn/almostdone001.jpg

Mayan, when are we going to see yours?????

Nice!!!!!!!

















It is a beauty, isn't it?  :)  Well, surprisingly enough, it didn't always look this way!  :)

This is how it started out a while back.





































 I believe this is Bill himself!  Kudos!
























And here we are back where we began.  Kudos to BillinMN!


http://s88.photobucket.com/user/bill-in-mn/media/other%20cars/baurproject178.jpg.html?sort=3&o=50

Congrats, and thank you again, BillinMN!  

No comments:

Post a Comment