1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, February 27, 2015

South African-built Body Color TC2 Baur Frame!

I found this in the E30 Zone archives tonight.  Jitzy01 is the owner.  There was no other information on the post, and it goes back a couple of years (May 2013).

This owner is obviously very proud of his Baur, although it may not be to everyone's taste, including mine.  But I do admire the enthusiasm and spirit of anyone who works as hard as this guy did to make this 'his own".

But that isn't the real reason I have it posted here today.  Although I have no info on where this car is from, this pic is a great example of something that we have talked about many times here.... but can never seem to get a really good pic of what we are talking about!

Here it is:  South African-built E30 Baurs are distinguished from their Stuttgart-built cousins by the distinctive 'body color' Baur frame!  Stuttgart Baur Frames are black.  Notice the color of this Baur Frame:  red!
Forget the trunk lip, special BBS wheels, camber and stretched tires!  Check out the color of that C pillar!  It is RED, as clear as day!  :)  Therefore, this Baur is either a South African-built Baur, or it has had a respray that included the Baur frame.  :)

That is my main point.... this is what we mean by 'body-colored' Baur frame.  

Now here are the rest of the pics for you to .... ummmm .... enjoy.  ;)















http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=238686&highlight=baur

No comments:

Post a Comment