1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

119 Year Old Gas Electric Hybrid Motorcar---You Read That Right!

That's right.  You think hybrid vehicles are something new, or at least recent?  Think again!  I attended the Klingberg Vintage Motorcar Festival today for their 22nd Annual Father's Day Show.  Just to give you a taste of the kind of quality show this is..... I present this 119 year old gas electric hybrid motorcar!
Find that hard to believe?  

Start believing.  :)

































Made right here in Connecticut, btw!  Did you know that at the turn of the Century (19th to the 20th), Connecticut was considered the Automobile Capital of the World, building more than half of the cars manufactured in the United States?*































































OK, folks.  I have more (much more) to come from today's Klingberg Vintage Motorcar Festival.  This is just the first installment.  You don't get this stuff anywhere else!  ;)



* CONNECTICUT CREATED CARS, by Paul Pellerin. Minuteman Press 2010. Avon CT. Page 30.  



No comments:

Post a Comment