1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mission Accomplished III: 1979 323i Euro Front Subframe Is Out!


OK, the dismantling of my 1979 323i continues.  Here you can see the front subframe is out and on the ground!  

Struts, springs (not shown), front 323i sway bar, brakes, hubs, subframe and steering rack, all as a unit.  It rolls around easily on my Harbor Freight aluminum racing jack, and two Harbor Freight mover's dollies!  (The jack handle was detached when I took this pic, btw.)  

The car now sits on jackstands..... no drive train, no front or rear subframe, no seats, no dash.... any body want anything?  Fuel tank and pump, brake servo, steering column, glass,etc, can be all stripped out before it goes to the crusher in about a week.

Let me know if there is any interest.... but don't wait too long.

N.B. Some parts are already on hold for friends who may need them, so everything may not be available.  ;)

This is the third installment in the "Mission Accomplished' series.  Here are links to the other two:

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/12/mission-accomplished-pulled-m20-project.html

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2014/05/mission-accomplished-ii-mr-natural-says.html

No comments:

Post a Comment