1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

You just got passed.. by a Deux Chevaux!


.... running a BMW motorcycle engine!  :)  I love this!

Very cool. I was amazed to learn that we have two of those Deux Chevaux here in town, one of which is in my neighborhood, so I see her drive by my house. I also have seen them at local shows (Ocean Beach Park, Lime Rock Park) on occasion. Neat little cars. I will have to show them this link! Thanks for posting this, Harry!


"Here’s an entertaining clip of an, ahem, lightly tuned Deux Chevaux outbraking, outcornering, and generally making an embarrassment out of Miatas, E36 M3s, and other regulars that one might encounter at a (British) track day. But that’s okay; we say there’s no shame in getting passed by hands down the coolest car on the track.
Interesting steering wheel grip by the driver (including some things your driving school instructor told you never, ever to do), but he’s fast, lacks power steering, and is driving a freaking Deux Chevaux, so no complaints from us."


http://motoringconbrio.com/2013/06/04/you-just-got-passed-by-a-deux-chevaux/

No comments:

Post a Comment