1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

NEW FIND! Cameron Wishart's TC1 In Australia!

I was alerted to this post today by ---you guessed it----  Craig Saxon!  :)  Posted today in the BMW E21 page by Cameron Wishart.
Looks like a 323i E21 Baur.  Nice!

Cameron has posted a question to the group:  
I'm looking to do a full refurbishment of my suspension system. New springs, shocks the lot. Does anyone here have any tips?, The do's and don'ts ect. What brands should i consider for a light upgrade?"

It did not look familiar, so I inquired about the Baur plate number.   Cameron responded quickly with this pic:
(I wish everyone took sharp, clear pics like this of their Baur plates! Thank you, Cameron!)  
:)

So I did a quick check of the International Baur Registries*, and quickly confirmed that this was, indeed, not listed anywhere yet!  

A NEW FIND!
Ok, let us take a closer look at that first pic:

Whoa1  That looks like a sunroof!  In the targa roof!   So I asked Cameron for some more pics to clarify that.  


Yes, I definitely see a sunroof in that top!  

And here it is!  A clear aftermarket option!  


You can clearly see it here!  A sunroof in a targa top E21 Baur Top Cabriolet!  I asked Cameron about this:

"Cameron Wishart I believe that this was an after production add on. Possibly after it arrived here in aus. "

Here is a close-up, showing the aftermarket sunroof option.  :)

Well, guess what!  With this option, rarely seen, the Baur now becomes:  Eleven Cars in One**!  ;) 

I am nw pleased to present the only other Baur that we have seen with an aftermarket sunroof installed in the Targa roof: 

You have to look carefully at the pic to see it.  Our friend Layne Wylie of Texas was the first to spot this, btw.  

Here is the Baurspotting post featuring this Cabrio Targa.  if you click on the video at the end of the post you will see the pic above.  
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/12/old-bat-ad-for-1973-baur-targa.html


Congratulations to Cameron, and welcome to Baurspotting, and to our world-wide Baur community!

    




*Here is a link to the two International Baur Registries:http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2014/04/links-to-two-2-international-baur.html

http://bmwe21baur.npage.de/baur-tc1-register.html

http://www.baur-tc.de/tc1-register/tc1-register-öffentlich/category/2958-a003000-a003999.html

**http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/08/baur-six-cars-in-one.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment