1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

O TannenBaur II: Baurspotting Hits the 2015 Niantic Light Parade!

Since it 'Tis The Season', and we were feeling festive, I decked out the Baurspotting Baur ------ The TannenBaur----- with some Holiday lights.  My wife and I took a little drive into town, and then we attended the annual Niantic Light Parade.

Here is the Baurspotting Baur, with Tom in the Santa hat behind the wheel, getting ready to roll into town!

O TannenBaur!   ;) 


Lights outlining the Baur's unique fixed windows and roll bar!  
 A classic BMW front end! 


Puttin' out the vibe!  ;)  


Yeah, we got the kidney grills.  ;)  

The Light Parade is also a great little shopping day in our town, and it draws a huge crowd.  I took advantage of that and I was able to snare  a new festive hat.  I plan to get a lot of use out of this hat:  it was perfect tonight with the Santa cap on top.  Plus I am all set for Cinco de Mayo!  ;)
It is not only perfect as a sun hat, it is also great as foul weather gear in case of rain!  I haven't seen a hat this good since......

..... Lloyd Christmas!  How ironic to find it at Christmas!  It is Kismet!  I knew it!  ;)  


You can get an idea of the size of the crowd lining the street in the background.  Not to mention the size of the hat.  I love it!  ;)  
Feliz Navidad!


 I can't believe how lucky I was to find this hat!  Neither can my wife, Cathy!     ;) 

These 5 pics above were taken by our friend, Cheryl.   Thank you, Cheryl! 
Pic by Don Diederich.  ;) 

 Cheryl and her husband, Mike, (standing behind the couple seated in the chairs) helping me get the new hat adjusted just right. 
 



































And here is the guy who made it all possible:  Josh, (right) owner of Past To Present Collectibles, my wife's favorite store in downtown Niantic.  That is where the hat came from!  

Notice that Josh and I are the only ones who are dressed sensibly for the occasion.  Everyone else was waaaay overdressed for a 55 degree December evening!  What were they thinking???!!  Another reason why I like this guy! 
Back home with the Baurspotting Baur near the garage.  


This hat could serve many purposes.  Sunshade, for example.  

Protect the dash from harmful sun rays.   The possibilities are endless!  I can't believe how I lucked out with that hat!  ;)

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!  


No comments:

Post a Comment