1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

How many Baur TC4's were built?


UPDATE!   SEE BELOW!*

OK, we have been searching for a definitive answer to this question for several years, without finding any creditable answer.  Tonight, as happens so often, I was looking for something else, and I found this:

"Also from the E36 BMW 3 Series 310 top convertibles (TC4) were built, but below the competition suffered by the plant and Baur brought into financial difficulties."


http://www.baur-tc.de/baur.html



That is the first time I have seen a number attributed to the production of the TC4.  310.  Wow, that is VERY limited edition!  


I frankly do not know if it is accurate, but at the very least it is a starting point.  I am actively interested in hearing from anyone who has other information on the production numbers of the TC4, but, for now, 310 is the working number.


BTW, as far as we know, there are NO TC4's in the US.  None!  Not one crossed the Atlantic, AFAIK!  If you know otherwise..... CALL ME, for chrissake!  :)  


Ok, email me @

 tom82baur@gmail.com.

:)

Stay tuned!



What is the TC4?  




This is the E36, successor to the E30 Series.

Yes, it is a 4 door Baur convertible!  I wil say it again.... it is a 4 DOOR Convertible!  How many of THOSE have you seen?  :)


















More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karosserie_Baur

*Update from Baur Guru Jeroen Janssen in Facebook today:

"Jeroen Janssen It's 312. 1 prototype, 1 south african prototype and 310 "series"-production  The black with brown details is btw the only 318iS TC4. And in january I have driven many kilometers in one of the three 325TDS Automatic"

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i have one Baur TC4 for sale. If sombody is interested leave a comment. Or mail too bentoautos@cs.com Regards.

    ReplyDelete