1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

628CSi CABRIO At BMW Day At The Larz Anderson Museum August 10 2014!

OK, full disclosure, right off the bat:  I love this car!  A gorgeous, well-executed Six Series that can put its top down!  My goodness!  I am a dyed-in-the-wool Baur guy, as you may know, but I consider this a cousin and.... well, Baur actually did a couple of Six Series cabriolets, as you will see below.  Anyway, I welcome you to enjoy this pretty car, as I did at the Larz Anderson Museum  on BMW CCA Day, August 10, 2014.





Bij did tell me that that the conversion was done by Euler, and they did some reinforcing support underneath to compensate for the lack of roof structure.... but I do not have the details.  (Bij, if you are reading this.... please email any details of the car that you have, and I will gladly add them to this post!  tom82baur@gmail.com)



Bijan, the owner is at right in the dark blue shirt.  Very nice young man, btw, and I enjoyed chatting with him very much.   As you can see from the pics below, he was quite gracious in allowing me to sit in the car and take some pics.  Thank you, Bij!


Here is a shot from DPC Cars:



We have seen some other examples of 6 Series Cabrios, but we have never seen one in person.  We are grateful to Bij for sharing his vehicle with us at the Larz Anderson Show, and we look forward to seeing it again!  On a personal note, I very much enjoyed my conversation with Bij while I was taking the pics above.   He later visited my Baur and he brought his Mom and Dad (who owned the Cabrio before Bij!) with him!  They are lovely folks, and we had a delightful little chat, one of the highlights of a fun afternoon!


Here are pics of a few other 6 Series cabrios that we have seen online in various websites.

This first example is actually a Baur!  
And so is THIS one!  
Come on....you KNEW I was gonna find a way to tie this into Baurs, right?  This is BAURspotting, after all!  ;)










http://www.bmwism.com/all_bmws.htm

None of those, to my knowledge, btw, are in the US!

Thanks again to Bij, and his family for sharing this rare example with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment