1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, August 15, 2014

BMW Day at Larz Anderson Museum: The Baurs!

There were four Baurs on the field at BMW CCA Day at Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline, MA on sunday, august 10, 2014.  Baurspotting was there!  ;)  Here is the first one that we spotted:  Neil H.'s M1!   How cool is that!  ;)




































OK, so that is the first Baur we spotted.... and here is the second Baur, a BMW Z1, parked just a few feet away from the M1 in the front row of the "Judged" section.
Baurspotting knows this Z1.  We met the owner a couple of years ago at the 2012 Vintage at Saratoga.  you can see the Z1 here.... and we actually have a video of the'disappearing doors"!   http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/07/vintage-at-saratoga-z1-disappearing.html



Here you can see how close together these two Baurs were parked!


Two pics below from DPC:

Again you can see the proximity of the two Baurs on the field.  

There were two other Baurs on the field that day.... one of which was my Baurspottting Baur, of course.  :)

 Registration staff parked me in a fresh row.... you can see the white registration canopy at the right of the pic....I was in the Front row!  For the time being anyway!
 A little while later, this little beauty was parked next to me.   No complaints from me... I love that car!

Thanks to Paul B. for posting this pic.  Thanks to Paul, we have a glimpse of the 4th Baur on the field that day!  You can just see the open Baur roof of Ed P.'s TC2 Baur over my windshield.  Unfortunately, this is the ONLY pic we have of Ed's Baur that day!  

How did that happen? Ed arrived late to the show, and I spotted his Baur near mine, but I neglected to take any pics, thinking that I would find him first, and then shoot some pics.  Bad idea, in retrospect.  :)  .  I spent some time looking for him, and I did finally hook up with him with his friend, Eileen, at the food tables.  We had a great little chat there, as always, and it was nearly time to go, as the awards had been given while we chatted.  We retruned to our respective cars,and someone pointed out that there was a peculiar shiny thing in my tire in the pic above.  Yes, it is a screw..... and I had a 105 mile trip ahead of me.... on a Sunday afternoon!  Hmmm.... when was the last time I checked that spare!  Yikes... it is flat!  

Well, that is another story (coming soon to Baurspotting, btw!) but, the upshot  is that I was distracted from taking any more pics of Ed's Baur.... because of my pre-occupation with my tire and the the long ride home.  I should have taken some pics anyway but .... I didn't.  Please forgive me.  I checked with Ed, in the hopes that he had some pics to share.... but he didn't take any either!    

So, to attempt to make up for this faux pas, I offer some pics of Ed's restoration project on his new Baur.  They are not current, but they show some of the work he has put into this project!  Kudos, Ed!
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-poolemans-tc2-restoration-project.html

And here are some pics of his Baur at Saratoga in July, 2014
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2014/07/vintage-at-saratoga-2014-part-1-3-baurs.html

so you have pics of the 4 Baurs present at Larz Anderson Museum on 10 August 2014.    

Stay tuned, we have more posts coming on that show, featuring the amazing Museum itself----just WOW!---- and, .... remember that little shiny thing in my tire at the Museum?  

Well,we have that story coming, too!  ;)   A little drama for the 105 mile ride home!  ;)

Stay tuned!  



1


No comments:

Post a Comment